This user hasn't shared any profile information
Home page: http://www.dawgsports.com/
Posts by RedCrake
Hip hip hooray for Christmas vacation!
College students across the country have wrapped up their semester and are headed home for Christmas vacation. I have a couple of days until I can do the same. Now, I’d walk into traffic for the 75 sixth graders I get to teach about H-R diagrams, the real causes for World War I (hint: it wasn’t the assassination of Franz Ferdinand... at least, not really), and clay sedimentology in coastal Georgia marshes (my specialty... no, really. I’ve done funded research and everything). But I don’t mind telling you that I could use a break. You probably could, too. So let’s do this:
And now for some Friday Morning Dawg Bites...
- The Dawgs gave out their season awards at the annual gala.
- Nine current and former Dawgs will graduate today. But since none of them are getting engineering degrees, I think we can all agree that this is meaningless. Or we could be big boy adults and agree that many, if not all, of them will make substantial contributions to society
- We have, what I think, is a pretty reasonable score prediction for the Sugar Bowl.
- Speaking of which, want a reason why non-playoff bowl games are a good thing (because they’re fun... which is sort of why we’re fans...)? Because some of our early enrollees are going to get some work in. Not bad for an exhibition, huh?
- Another piece on former Georgia TE Arthur Lynch and his journey to the military. Again, I’d like to take this opportunity to let you know that Lynch is a fantastic Twitter follow. Artie is my boi!
- Georgia has, predictably, sold through its Sugar Bowl ticket allotment.
- Lane, Sark, now Durk. This seems pretty on brand to me.
- The Lady Dawgs are ready to get back into action.
- Georgia Football celebrates all things Deandre Baker:
- Get ready for a big game at the Stege tomorrow night...
Saturday night, @UGABasketball hosts their strongest opponent yet in Arizona St, and @TomCrean needs #Dawgnation to bring the noise in Stegeman!— Bulldogs Game Day (@WSBbulldogs) December 13, 2018
: Saturday at 10am on @wsbtv! #GoDawgs pic.twitter.com/4rOl9gha3Z
- And finally, Geno Atkins: Damn Good Dawg.
Geno and Kristen Atkins surprised 50 families in the Cincinnati area for Christmas by paying house and medical bills, adoption funds, tuition assistance and shopping sprees:https://t.co/KaaDMTmhWc pic.twitter.com/uIu10YDLeA— 247Sports (@247Sports) December 12, 2018
That’s all for now, folks. Until next time...
And that seems fair...
After the nightmare journey through 90s music I’ve put you through this season, I fully intended to branch into another area of my diseased musical brain this week. But then, of course, it was revealed that our #5 Georgia Bulldogs would be taking on the #15 Texas Longhorns in the Sugar Bowl. And I had an epiphany.
There is a singular song that pops into my mind when I think of our Dawgs riding into New Orleans to do battle against the Longhorns. I couldn’t help myself. It was just there. And it just so happened to be one of my absolute favorites from my incredibly awkward adolescent years. So, here you go. Enjoy.
And now, on to your Friday Morning Dawg Bites...
I’m not gonna lie to y’all. It’s a slow news day. The players are taking finals and folks are packing up and heading out of Athens. But we still have a few notable tidbits:
- First up, we have a look at a few names I haven’t necessarily seen tossed out with regard to Georgia’s DC position. Greg Schiano? Do not want. And not because of the Clay Travis tomfoolery... but because the man gave up nearly 50 points to the Purdue Boilermakers.
- Next, we get a glimpse at how the SEC teams may fair in their bowl games. Speaking of Purdue, I think Auburn is quite a bit better than the Boilermakers... and I hate Auburn with every particle of my being. I sure would love to see that Kentucky prediction come true against the Nittany Lions, though.
- Five Georgia freshmen have been selected to the SEC All-Freshman team. I’m not sure what Justin Fields did to be included other than being a Freshman that is a QB who actually saw some action, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see more and more Dawgs featured on these lists in the future.
- In case you somehow missed it, Deandre Baker became the first Georgia player to win the Jim Thorpe award as the nation’s best DB. Baker hasn’t had a touchdown scored on him in two seasons, but don’t let that distract you from the narrative that Greedy Williams was robbed.
- Here is a Sugar Bowl prediction I can get behind.
- I’ll take “Contradicting Your Own Thesis” for $1000, Alex!
Georgia Bulldogs Deserved Being Left Out of College Football Playoffs
Watching the Georgia Bulldogs in the final games of the season it was obvious they are one of the four best teams in college football.
Wow. That took two whole lines.
And that’s it for an incredibly slow news day.
That’s all for now, folks. Until later...
Brought to you by Poulan Weedeaters, Cheribundi Tart Cherry, and Dr. Scratchansniff’s Soothing Hemorrhoid Ointment!
Well, well, well. It’s Bowl Season again. Your Georgia Bulldogs are meeting up with the Texas Longhorns a bit sooner than most of us had anticipated. But I love the Sugar Bowl, and Texas isn’t in the Big 10, so I’m happy as a clam. We’ve got the Orange Bowl and the Cotton Bowl, of course. Where “the 4 best teams in the country” will be matched up. We have a Cheribundi Tart Cherry Boca Raton Bowl and a Famous Idaho Potato Bowl and a Cheez-It Bowl (yum)... and, heck, the Techies even get to play in something called the Quick Lane Bowl. Now if you think about it, that’s pretty funny. Cause they were at the Quick Lane Bowl last year, too.
What? This Quick Lane Bowl has something to do with automotive service and Michigan in December? Well, last year’s looks more fun.
Anyway, there are no shortage of games to occupy your last two weeks of December. And I suggest you enjoy them, because it’s gonna be a long winter. Here you go:
YOUR COLLEGE FOOTBALL BOWL GAME SCHEDULE >>>>> CLICK HERE!!!